Newbie to hatching - eggs arrive tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jacyjones, Apr 22, 2009.

1. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    I have just bought an incubator and have 12 eggs arriving tomorrow. I am really excited which I find quite surprising. I have never read any hatching posts cos I never thought I would be doing this...........now I am reading them all in a frantic attempt to make myself feel confident!!
    I feel the weight of responsibility all of a sudden - I have had chickens for years and am fine at keeping them alive but it is scary to think there will be 12 possible creatures that will be relying on me for life. Wow! Fingers crossed they will be ok. [​IMG]

2. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Welcome to the dark side (Insert evil laugh here [​IMG]) LoL, Enjoy the addiction it's soo much fun! [​IMG]

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I hear ya on that.... praying with you for yours and mine (due to hatch tomorrow) aaaahhhh!!!

me,
    g

4. AK Michelle

AK Michelle Bad Girl of the North

Mar 17, 2009
    Palmer, Alaska
    Good luck and enjoy. Be warned tho, this is VERY addictive. While there is alot of support for the hatching part, so far we've not found any support groups for Hatchers Anonomous.
    [​IMG]
    Michelle

PS. I'm on my 3rd batch in 1 month.... they are soooooo cute!!!!!!

5. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    Thanks, guys! I will no doubt be posting over the next 3 weeks with panicky questions so please help me out when I do! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by