newbie to incubating,questions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by key west chick, Oct 22, 2008.

1. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Got my parts in. So,how do I lay the eggs,on their side, tilted, or up and down? Big end or little end up? Any one know how many inches is 20cmx6cm? I have to cut an evaporating pad and seriously can't deal with math right now. If anyone has a brinsea pro20 where did you put the thermometer probe. It's supposed to go into a grommet at the end of the lid but I can't find anything that it will fit into. Thats it for now.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:If you use an egg carton for turning, you place the eggs big end *up*, if you are hand turning, just lay them on their sides. Put an *X* on one side, and an *O* on the other, so you can keep track of which side they need to be on.

1 cm is about half an inch, I believe. So it would be 10"x3". Sorry I don't have a brinsea, so can't help there. Good luck [​IMG]

3. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    It has little dividers of foam covered plastic for the eggs, no trays. It has an auto turner.I looked for pictures of one that was full and it looked like they were on their sides.It said they could be placed on end or at an angle. Thats why I am so confused.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    'On end' would mean big end up, you wouldn't want them being turned end-to-end. They are supposed to be turned side-to-side. If that's what it says, I would put them big end up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by