Newbie to the board

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickfever, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Hello everyone. I've been lurking for awhile and decided to join in [​IMG].

I currently have a couple of black sex-link hens and a mixed rooster. I'd like to expand my flock a little. I've constructed a homemade incubator but not so sure I'm going to be successful.

Anyway, I'd love to have a different variety or two....can anyone help? I live in VA....near the point that connects to TN & KY.

Editted to add that I was told my roo is a brown leghorn....

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  2. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    Welcome! Glad you joined so you can add to the fun.
    If you've been lurking, you know you will be able to get some nice eggs from member here and advice on incubating. Good luck! And be sure to post pictures![​IMG]

3. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    I'd love some help with my crazy homemade incubator. I think my mistake was putting it in the room it is in. But, I have several small kids and I'm afraid they won't leave it alone anywhere else in the house that might be a central location....

I'm really looking forward to getting into some different breeds. There are some GORGEOUS ones out there!

Thanks for the welcome!

4. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    I have mutt chickens,standard and banty all together. I do have 4 or 5 americana hens and one roo so once in a while there is pure americanas. I could send you a couple dozen for 20.00. It will take me a couple days to get that many but you will sure get a variety. I just hatched out 15 chicks last weekend. I can send you a couple pics of them if you would like to see the variety. Jenn

5. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    welcome

6. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    I have hens for sale i live in dickson tn close to ft.campbell ky. they are 7 a piece which is cheap around here i have found out.

7. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    jkcove08 (Jenn), I emailed you last week but haven't heard back....was wondering if you are still able to offer some eggs? Also, where are you located?

Froggy, what types do you have?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  8. HobbyChickener

HobbyChickener Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2007
    central KY
    I am central KY. I have some Roosters if you need any. Glad to have you aboard.

9. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    HobbyChickener, I have a roo for the 6 hens I have....afraid to add another. But thank you very much for the offer and the welcome! Just in case....what kind of roos do you have?

10. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Hey Chick,
    I am sorry, I replied to your email and I guess it didnt go through. I had sent you a few pics of my babies and adults. I certainly have eggs I can send. We have been getting an average of 10 to 15 eggs a day. If you would like some my email is [email protected]. I can send at least 2 dozen if not a few more, depends on the box, for 20.00. I also have paypal. Let me know, I will be on and off all day. I am in Iowa, east central. Jenn

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by