1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Newbie to the forum and chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tguilbeau, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Tguilbeau

Tguilbeau Just Hatched

Oct 31, 2016
    Arnaudville, Louisiana
    I'm Travis from a lil town in Louisiana called Arnaudville. I been looking into becoming a little more self sustaining, started with rabbits and a garden. Now on to chickens! But I'm clueless as to what I need haha. I'll be posting in forums so any info and insight is greatly appreciated!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Travis, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard. BYC will get you off to a great educational start on chicken keeping. Here's the first best place to go: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center The Learning Center is packed with information on all aspects of chicken raising. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, Travis, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! The learning center in the link that redsoxs gave you is a great spot to learn all the aspects of chicken keeping. Chicken keeping sounds like a great next step in your self sustaining farm! Good luck with your ventures!

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi, Tavis and welcome to BYC. The Learning Centre (link given by @redsoxs) is a great resource and I am sure it will be of considerable help with your venture into the world of chicken-keeping.

Best wishes
    CT

6. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC.

7. mstamme2u

mstamme2u Just Hatched

Jul 30, 2016
    Kelseyville, CA
    Welcome to BYC! :cd

8. Tguilbeau

Tguilbeau Just Hatched

Oct 31, 2016
    Arnaudville, Louisiana
    Thanks everyone, glad to be a part of BYC!

9. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] Its great to have you Travis! If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask or just hop over to the Learning Center! Have a wonderful time on BYC and best wishes! [​IMG]

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Travis, thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by