Newbie trying to set up Hova bator and egg turner

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pat100, Apr 27, 2009.

1. pat100

pat100 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    Hello, everyone.
    I am trying to set up the automatic egg turner from the Hova bator. I bought the Hova Bator and the automatic egg turner together. But I can't seem to get the egg turner set up properly.... Did anyone come across this problem?
    After messing with Hova bator for a while, I realized that the thermometer that Hovabator came with was off by about 8 degrees:(...... I spent a couple of days to figure that out with the help from someone on this board. Now it is the egg turner... either the plastic connection bar (racks to motor ) is way too short or my egg turner stay on only one side facing the motor. It is extend to that side so much that my eggs fall out if the turner is connected to the motor. It moves slightly at the best... and the bar thats coming out from the motor to turn the egg is on the wrong side??? Did I get the defective one or something is missing? Did anyone have this problem before? Any suggestion or solutions???[​IMG]

2. LoveMyBirds

LoveMyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Hello, everyone.
    I am trying to set up the automatic egg turner from the Hova bator. I bought the Hova Bator and the automatic egg turner together. But I can't seem to get the egg turner set up properly.... Did anyone come across this problem?

[​IMG] No.. put mine in.. Plugged my up... added eggs... working ok.. Turkey and 7 days later added chicken eggs..

After messing with Hova bator for a while, I realized that the thermometer that Hovabator came with was off by about 8 degrees:(...... I spent a couple of days to figure that out with the help from someone on this board.

[​IMG] Go to Wal-Mart and buy that $6 Springfield Therm/Humid. Set it on top of the eggs... lay flat..

Now it is the egg turner... either the plastic connection bar (racks to motor ) is way too short or my egg turner stay on only one side facing the motor. It is extend to that side so much that my eggs fall out if the turner is connected to the motor. It moves slightly at the best... and the bar thats coming out from the motor to turn the egg is on the wrong side??? Did I get the defective one or something is missing? Did anyone have this problem before? Any suggestion or solutions???[​IMG]

[​IMG] Look at the trays... they can not be in the wrong holes.. If they are too close you'll have problems also.. They have to be spaced correctly... Make sure they are seperated properly..

I have large turkey eggs and small chicken eggs that are not falling out of mine..​

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hi Pat, if you want to I can meet you when you pick up eggs instead of just putting them by the gate, and I can help you with your turner, getting it all set up and whatnot. May as well get set up right. I lent my bator to a friend and told her exactly what to do and she hatched 24 Jersey Giants out of thirty eggs her first try, so it is possible. One of the most important things affecting success will be where you place your incubator inside your home. Anyhow, we will talk, get you some eggs, help you get set up right and you will be off and running!
    Patty

4. pat100

pat100 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    I called the company and talked to tech support. They told me the motor was put on opposite way when they shipped. I took the motor off and put it the way it should be and now it is working fine.[​IMG] Now all my problems solved for now....

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Wow, I never heard of that before... good to know it can happen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by