Newbie who needs help :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by betta_1, Nov 9, 2009.

1. betta_1

betta_1 New Egg

Nov 9, 2009
    Hey all, im new here. I have been lurking around this forum for some time now. i think this is an american forum, but im from the uk.

Well, as a spur of the moment , i bidded on some DUCK eggs on Ebay last week! So i spent the day researching and made an incubator for them, in the hope that i would win! They arrived in the post the next day.

Guess what, i did. I won 6 eggs, they are a mixture of;-Aylesbury and silver appleyard. I have researched like mad. [​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------

The temperature on the incubator is around 98-99F and humidity 55-60% and i turn the eggs 5 times aday

I randomly picked one out yesterday and so some sort of movement inside (possibly heart beating)

Today is day 6 . I candled them all , i still cant see viens and there air cell's are quite large, Larger then when i recieved them. Also when i shine the torch in the egg, the light flickers quite alot inside the egg.
    Does that make sense to anyone?

help would be appreciated please.

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    You have duckies! Take pictures when they hatch!
    Welcome!
    Oh, and this is a worldwide but English speaking forum, not just an American forum.

3. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    [​IMG] Welcome and keep us posted...Good luck on your hatch.

4. betta_1

betta_1 New Egg

Nov 9, 2009
    Thanks for the welcome all, is this strictley a chicken forum, does anyone know anything about ducks? i did sign up to another forum but they just only knew about chickens too. Was hoping to get more luck here.

I was following silkiechicken's thread about candling, then noticed its chickens. LOL
    really want them to hatch, so help would be great!! [​IMG]

cheers

5. Peeper7

Peeper7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    [​IMG]

If you look in the index, you will see sections for ducks, turkeys, etc. It's not just for chickens... [​IMG]
    Good luck! and have fun!

6. betta_1

betta_1 New Egg

Nov 9, 2009
    oh thanks peeper [​IMG]

7. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    We're a useful place. Three million very useful posts on here! If you need to butcher (you might not want to which is fine), we've got you covered from killing to recipes!

8. betta_1

betta_1 New Egg

Nov 9, 2009
    ^lol no thanks, strictly pets only, no food!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by