Newbie with a few ???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Rachael, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Rachael

Rachael Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2008
    Ireland
    Hello Everyone [​IMG]

Wondered if anyone could help or has any ideas/ info?

In July we got 6 pullets alledgedly on the point of Lay. I *think* they are RIR but not entirely sure

Finally In setember we got our first egg:) and were getting a single egg per day for just over 3 weeks.

then suddenly we ate not getting eggs anymore, Its coming up to 3 weeks and not a single egg has been seen. [​IMG]

are we doing something wrong?

the weather has been awful, lots and lots of rain as it is at this time of year, I also noticed feathers in the coop and run, they are eating well as ever though

its just a shame as we all got excited over that single egg a day [​IMG] and were hoping for numbers to increase not stop altogether!!

Thanks for any Help

Rachael.

2. chickmamawannabe

chickmamawannabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Canby, Or-y-gun
    It's like 1 a.m. over here right now, so I can't really think, but it may just be that they're molting.
    BTW [​IMG]

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:bad weather will cause them to stop laying, Not enough light (Happens in winter.. and fall). Will cause them to stop laying. Stress. molting. Worms. Parasites. bugs (Lice. mites. etc). are most common factors when hens aren't laying

-Daniel

4. Rachael

Rachael Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2008
    Ireland
    Thanks for your replies and welcome. [​IMG]

5. derby

derby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Boonsboro, MD
    AND....hens do this sometimes, especially in the begining. My fist hen laid daily for 2 or 3 weeks and then stopped for about 10 days. Drove me crazy trying to figure out why. But she re-started and so will yours [​IMG]

Derby

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by