newbie with a question about my baby chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by dianh, May 9, 2007.

1. dianh

dianh New Egg

May 9, 2007
    my baby chick which is about 3 weeks old has gotten ill, she has gone from eating, running into sitting in one spot and not really able to use her leggs at all... i have her in a cage with 6 other baby chicks and they are doing excellent... i just wanna know why she is having difficulty walking, she eats fine and drink fine.. help please... she's my favorite so i dont want to see die... she's been in my lap for 2 hours everday and seems to love it.. my boyfriend thinks she faking it ... thanks for reading

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Can you post a pic of her? Is it growing faster than the others? If it is a meat bird it may just be doing its normal thing if it can still eat and drink. They have a tendency to develop leg problems are are just plain lazy.

3. dianh

dianh New Egg

May 9, 2007
    She is bigger than my other chicks, i think she is called a cochin... she was completey yellow and is now starting grow in white feathers.. She loves to eat..just like her mama hee hee thanks for the advice.. ill keep an eye on her.

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Good luck, I figure as long as they have a healthy appetite, they are good to go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by