Newbie with an under the weather 10week BG

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by crzychicken, Aug 16, 2008.

1. crzychicken

crzychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Hello all, My just about 10 weeks old BG seems under the weather I thought she got into some cedar but today she seems a little more active but her eye is cloudy in the center and she keeps it shut for a while and then she will open it for a short time anyone got any idea what it is ?
    Thanks all.
    crzychicken

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Whats a BG? Is she a chicken?

Is a picture possible?

For one thing you could get some preservitive free eye drops for her eye. Refresh brand is truely preservitive free. Or even a saline rinse in her eye. I have had eye injurys and they hurt BAD, I wasnt moving very much when I had an eye injury.

A chicken pecked me in the eye and I had strong pain pills and drops and a contact lens bandage. So believe me its painful.

3. crzychicken

Jun 24, 2008
    Hi Thanks I will get some and try it , she is eating and drinking and poop looks norm. Black Giant

4. crzychicken

Jun 24, 2008
    Update...On my Black Giant. She is much better today she is still keeping her eye closed most of the time, but she is out and about and she not as quite as she was. I think you where right her eye was hurting and she layed low. Thanks washing it with warm water and saline seemed to help.

Jody

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I bet she had something in her eye. Glad she is doing better. They have Terramycin ointment you can get for the eyes too. It's an antibiotic for the eye that may help heal it up some. Good luck!

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    good to hear she is doing better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by