Newbie!

safecandles

Hatching
Mar 5, 2016
Hi!
I am just doing research on the world of chickens! I recently moved to the country and have acreage and horses. Thinking I would like to have a couple chickens just for eggs. Any help is appreciated!

The Learning Center is the best place to start a chicken education. It will answer questions, you haven't even thought of yet. Sincerely!
yesss.gif

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread). In fact, the search box should become your best friend
cid:72343587-E4D5-49FE-ABD9-FC042197A8B2
Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
CT

welcome-byc.gif

One tip is to get more than a couple chickens...start with 4 or 5. It's not uncommon to lose a chick or two and you don't want to end up with a solo chicken. They are flock animals and are much happier with company of their own kind.

Thanks for joining us!

Hi I'm new here and I've been reading the BYC for a year now. Love it, so I decided to join. We have 4 mixed hens, 2 Americanas, Road island red and one black sexlink? (Still not sure on her) just got 3 babies to add to the family.

Hi I'm new here and I've been reading the BYC for a year now. Love it, so I decided to join. We have 4 mixed hens, 2 Americanas, Road island red and one black sexlink? (Still not sure on her) just got 3 babies to add to the family.
welcome-byc.gif

It's nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom