Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cobweb sue, Oct 29, 2016.

1. cobweb sue

cobweb sue New Egg

Oct 29, 2016
    Hi I'm very new to chicken keeping, have two girls at the moment and getting two ex battery hens in another week or so. I've found the forum very instructive so far and look forward to being part of it al . Sue

2. Adalida

Adalida Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2015
    Montana
    Hi Sue, welcome to BYC! It's a fun site, with a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you have and enjoy your peeps. What kind of chickens do you have?

3. cobweb sue

cobweb sue New Egg

Oct 29, 2016
    Hi, thanks for you welcome. I have two Warrens at the moment. I don't know what breed the ex battery hens will be; but they'll be loved too. What do you have?

4. Adalida

Adalida Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2015
    Montana
    I've got white Orpingtons, buff orpingtons, Rhode Island reds, new Hampshire reds, black australorps, silver laced Wyandottes, and an assortment of ducks. I haven't had chickens for very long so I'm trying out different breeds to see which I like best, although so far I like them all! But I do have a soft spot for my Buffs especially.

1 person likes this.
  5. jwlpoultry

jwlpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Welcome so glad to have you here at Byc with us!! Please don't hesitate ask any questions. Sounds like you have a beautiful flock forming.

6. cobweb sue

cobweb sue New Egg

Oct 29, 2016
    Thank you. I wish we could have loads but we live on two boats and have limited space on our moorings. They give us so much pleasure though. They are sweet creatures!

7. jwlpoultry

Apr 5, 2015
    They really are wonderful. So glad you joined BYC!

8. cobweb sue

cobweb sue New Egg

Oct 29, 2016
    Thank you. I think I'll have a lot of questions, particularly over winter!

9. jwlpoultry

Apr 5, 2015
    Well whenever your ready ask away.

10. cobweb sue

cobweb sue New Egg

Oct 29, 2016
    Thank you. My husband doesn't know it yet, but I have contingency plans for a harsh winter. They can go in the run during the day, but I'll rig something up up on the back of my boat under cover, for them to sleep at night!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by