Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sookie252, Dec 3, 2016.

1. sookie252

sookie252 New Egg

Dec 3, 2016
    Hi all new completely to this site and chickens [​IMG] Currently have 6 eggs in incubator on day 16, followed everything to the book so far, not feeling positive candling is not looking good, hope to learn more, and succeed, found this site great for information [​IMG]

2. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello and welcome to BYC sookie252!

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under sookie252 [​IMG] Welcome!

Having ample broodies on hand and using the ‘do not touch, leave it to mumma hen’ method, I have no experience with incubators or candling. However, I just wanted to wish you luck with this hatch.

As you mention, BYC is a great source of information and there are lots of people willing to help with your incubator and hatching advice.

I hope you enjoy BYC; not only is it overflowing with lots of useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures about chickens, turkeys, duck, quail, Peas and pretty much any other feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. sookie252

sookie252 New Egg

Dec 3, 2016
    Thans [​IMG]

5. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Welcome to BYC!!!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] I'm sorry I have never hatched chicks but, their are threads pertaining to that on BYC. You could put "Incubation," in the search box and info will come up , there are even "candling charts," that show what embryos look like at certain stages - what is good, what is bad etc. Hope that will be of help to you.

7. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

8. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to the wonderful world of Backyard Chickens! I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

10. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hope your hatch works out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by