Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kc0577, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Kc0577

Kc0577 New Egg

Jan 23, 2017
    Hello My name is Kelly. My partner and I are new Chicken owners, we have had them since May 2016 and we have already had one needing put down due to pneumonia at 3 mos old and one taken and killed by a hawk [​IMG]. We also had to re-home a Roo as we had 2 Roos and only 6 hens... so our flock dwindled from 8 to 5 in less than a year.
    I am now trying to incubate some of our eggs. We have a sneezing Roo, and there is always something we need to learn. Glad to be here!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  2. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC!

Gary from Idyllwild Ca here

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Kelly [​IMG] Welcome!

I am so sorry to hear of your losses, sadly they happen and are the heart breaking side of being chicken parents [​IMG] However, luckily the good times, more often than not, outweigh the bad.

If you are looking for some advice on hatching, I recommend this Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

You might also want to say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

Good luck with the hatch!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

There's always something new to learn with poultry. I'm sorry for your losses and hope you have a great hatch.

5. HARRY47264

HARRY47264 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2016
    Bismarck AR
    [​IMG] Hi Kelly Sorry about your loss I am sure some one can help with your chicken ailments
    Where do you hail from would like to see some pics of tour flock
    Have a nice night
    Harry

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens.

7. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

:welcome Kelly! Glad you joined us!

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Kelly, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Good luck to you and your hatching!! [​IMG]

9. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC Kelly! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by