Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by divamg13, Jan 28, 2017.

1. divamg13

divamg13 New Egg

Dec 24, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Can anyone tell me approx how old these are? We got them Christmas eve & forgot to ask!

2. divamg13

divamg13 New Egg

Dec 24, 2016
    [​IMG]

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I would guesstimate about 8-10 weeks as they are fully feathered but possibly a little older as their combs look to be developing well. Are these your only chickens? Have you just started out keeping?

Good luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

4. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Lovely young birds, hope you're enjoying them!

1 person likes this.
  5. divamg13

divamg13 New Egg

Dec 24, 2016
    Yes, this is all very new to me!! We only have the 2 RIR's...(we had also purchased a black & white but a neighbors cat got it within 1hr of being home
    [​IMG])

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under divamg13 [​IMG] Welcome!

I agree with the others in that they are just youngsters.

I am so very sorry to hear that you lost one so tragically and so soon. I love cats and have two of my own but do not start me on cats that are allowed to wander and are not contained within their owner’s property [​IMG]

Anyways, I just wanted to add that it might be an idea to try and get another hen or two if you can. Sadly, we do lose our feathered friends along the way and if you only have 2 and lose 1, the remaining chicken can be very lonely and a mad dash is required to find her a friend and having to waive quarantine etc .. been there, done that, got the T-shirt and now have 5 little bantams [​IMG]

Did you check out the Learning Centre? Some great articles and reference points there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You might also want to say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Fine looking birds - best of luck to you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by