Newbie :-)

bschroeder

Hatching
Mar 5, 2017
Hi all!

New to BYC, living on Whibey Island. Just starting out with my chicken adventures with 12 days to go on my incubator. Sadly ALL of the fertile eggs I ordered from My Pet Chicken were completely scrambled by to Post Office (actually watched the guy flip the box in the air and catch it-8 eggs lost). I found this forum so helpful while I was figuring things out that I thought I should actually join :). I'm hoping to connect with some local people on here to purchase local hatching eggs rather then having any shipped. I have three in my incubator right now that were purchased locally as eating eggs but now have moving little chicks in them but am hoping to actually get some that I know the breed. I'm mainly interested in Plymouth Rock, Orpingtons, Australorps, and Easter Eggers as that is what was scrambled, but am very open to suggestions of breeds with similar personality traits as these will be egg producers as well as family pets (I have two boys 3 and 6). Thank you so much and look forward to chatting with you all and learning about your egg-ventures :)

Greetings from Kansas, bschroeder, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! So sorry about the "scrambled" hatching eggs. Eggs through the mail always carry that inherent risk but it sounds like the postal worker you witnessed was more than just normally careless. Better luck with future hatching efforts!
jumpy.gif
Thanks for joining BYC!

welcome-byc.gif

So sorry about the scrambled eggs, that was so uncalled for. I hope the 3 you have in the incubator hatch successfully.

Best of luck to you!

Did you tell the seller what happened? Maybe they would replace the eggs at a lower cost. I would have reported that worker to the Post Master.

G’Day from down under bschroeder
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry that you did not get off to a good start but do hope for better times to come.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom