Newbie!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kimtastic618, Apr 14, 2017.

1. kimtastic618

kimtastic618 New Egg

Apr 14, 2017
    Hello! I have a tom turkey, a female goose that I think is a chinese goose, and 8 baby ducks. 2 mallard, 2 blue suede, 2 blue runners, and 2 peking. I have no idea what I am doing so expect to hear a lot from me.

2. Hillaire

Hillaire Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2017
    Hudson Valley NY
    well ok then, welcome to byc :)

3. kimtastic618

kimtastic618 New Egg

Apr 14, 2017
    Thank you! Happy to be a part of it. I have been reading a lot on here everytime I have had a question. I am looking forward to learning even more from you all!

4. BYCforlife

BYCforlife Overrun With Chickens

Mar 18, 2017
    Canada
    Hey, kimtastic618! [​IMG]! Glad you could join! Let the questions begin! [​IMG]

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under kimtastic618 [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    For one thing, you should have hen turkey for your TOM. When he gets randy, he will probably go after your geese, chicken hens etc. I don't know about geese but, Toms have killed chicken hens trying to breed them.

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas kimtastic, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! Here's a link to some forums about poultry other than chickens...should you have any questions you can post there as well: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/66/other-backyard-poultry
    Best wishes with your mixed flock and thanks for joining BYC! :)

8. HeidelberrFarms

HeidelberrFarms Just Hatched

Apr 11, 2017
    Welcome from a fellow newbie. You are in the right place for learning and I LOVE that you're reaching out. Just think, someday you are going to be the one with a world full of poultry knowledge to pass along.

Keep learning and enjoying your flock. That's what it's all about.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by