SassyChixx

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2019
Washington
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, I'm new to chickens. I adopted 2 hens in May and recently brought home 6 "pullets" (I'm certain at least one is a rooster) on July 1st.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
8 Chicken
(3) What breeds do you have?
Buff Orpington, Rhode Island Red, Cuckoo Maran, Ameracauna, Olive Egger
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They are miniature dinosaurs!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
There's life outside of chickens?
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We recently bought a home on 3 acres. We are slowly making out move into sustainable living. My husband and I have one child. We have 2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 goldfish, a million mealworms.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I've been stalking this site for years. I finally got chickens, so I joined!
61206303_2767428629966535_3680590404903763968_n.jpg
67086422_2913841561991907_4302321461126758400_n.jpg

Hi! Welcome to your new adventure!

There was a person on here not to long ago asking about a strange hairy beetle they found in their mealworm colony. I know when you see them they are eating some type of fungus but should you throw away dirt and make a new colony?

See you been here not so long and we already need your help! Lol

See thread below
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-with-mealworms.1321808/#post-21551560

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, I'm new to chickens. I adopted 2 hens in May and recently brought home 6 "pullets" (I'm certain at least one is a rooster) on July 1st.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
8 Chicken
(3) What breeds do you have?
Buff Orpington, Rhode Island Red, Cuckoo Maran, Ameracauna, Olive Egger
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They are miniature dinosaurs!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
There's life outside of chickens?
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We recently bought a home on 3 acres. We are slowly making out move into sustainable living. My husband and I have one child. We have 2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 goldfish, a million mealworms.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I've been stalking this site for years. I finally got chickens, so I joined!View attachment 1850426 View attachment 1850427
Welcome aboard! This is a great place to learn about all sorts of things. I'm in a tiny house trying to learn sustainable living as well. I bet we can learn a ton from each other

Back
Top Bottom