newbie!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by trilyn, Apr 13, 2009.

1. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Hi everyone!

Well, I had been thinking of getting chickens for awhile now, but I had been putting it off because I was worried that i didn't know enough to be confident to get started. Well you all changed that as well as my original plans to just get started with 6 rir pullets. You all really are enablers!!! lol I was originally going to get 6 rir pullets from countrymax on 4/22, but I work for the E. Syracuse Post Office and last monday, TSC's first batch of chicks were there when I got to work. Well they put the chicks next to my work area and all I heard all morning were chirps!!

Of course I had to peek and tell them I would be getting some of them later. I ended up getting 6 golden comet pullets, so now the tally is up to 12. After I got home from TSC and setting up the chicks, I went online in search of an ameracauna (I hope I spelled that right), breeder and found one in moravia, ordered 6 more chicks, straight run! How's that for one day and a newbie to boot! So now we're up to 18 and DH still hasn't stroked out on me yet!! God bless him! lol

Next up is the coop, we're planning on a 10 x 8 coop with a 10 x 30 run, I plan to let them out when we're in the backyard only, too many predators. I still can't believe I have chicks and more coming....I'm so excited! I'm also glad I found this forum, you guys rock!! Along with the chicks, we also have 4 horses, 3 dogs and 1 rabbit, and 2 tanks of fish!

2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I think the zoo aspect is present in nearly all BYC member homes! [​IMG]

Congrats on starting your flock, and welcome to our giant family!

[​IMG]

3. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG] And congrats on the new chicks!

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida. Isn't it such fun? You just don't know when to quit, or should I say, HOW? [​IMG]

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

6. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    [​IMG] from Indiana

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member