newbie!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by snozzleberry, May 10, 2011.

1. snozzleberry

snozzleberry Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Hi there,
    New to the chicken raising community. Well, I'm not really raising, but growing a few pets. The eggs are a bonus. My husband and I live in Oregon with our son. I met a few chicken people (there are quite a lot here) through a city chicken coop tour that is held annually here and decided to give it a go. Well, I have only had the little buggars for 7 weeks, and already, I feel I have found a new passion! I have 8 chickens--2 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Speckled Sussex, 1 White Faverolle, and 1 White Crested Polish (which I think is a rooster). I am happy to be part of this community and look forward to my first year managing my flock with the help of its members. And, of course, contributing to the forum once I have a little experience.
    Thanks!

2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Welcome to BYC!!! Sounds like you will be a good chicken owner, and you have already experienced the beginningof chicken math... You will see what I mean soon enough!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

4. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! You have come to the coolest place on the internet for chicken knowledge.

I started with chickens last summer and the people of BYC have been great. This year I have tried hatching and buying chicks for even more chickeny joy. Please visit my BYC Page for my blog links that you may find informative or amusing.

6. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from Maine

7. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

8. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome from NH! [​IMG] Sounds like you will be a great addition to the forums! [​IMG]

9. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. good luck with your birds.

10. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG] If you need anything, feel free to PM me by pushing the PM button under my name! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by