Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pdoyle23323, May 11, 2011.

1. pdoyle23323

pdoyle23323 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Hi! I am very new to chickens. I have 5 Plymouth Rocks. I had 6 but the dog got one. That was very hard lesson. They are 6 weeks old and getting so big. My husband of 20 years just built me a coop and a run. They are almost ready to go out. Husband wants to move them out now but I'm having separation anxiety.
    We have have 5 acres and wanted to use the land and decided to start with chickens. Found this site by way of Google. Wonderful site. So much info. Husband built a coop and run for them. The goal is to eventually let them free roam some. Gotta go search the forums for some answers.
    I love to flower and veg garden, four wheeling is another thing I enjoy as well. I do the books for a concrete company, have 2 old dogs and look forward to having some fresh eggs one day.

Dawn

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

3. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    [​IMG]

Great choice on the breed of chicken you chose!

4. Mama Austranought

Mama Austranought Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Western Australia
    [​IMG] Chickens are addictive so I hope your coops going to be big enough...[​IMG]
    I'd love to see some pics of your girls. I have 2 Plymouth Rock girls among my flock and they beat all the others for size and they aren't even laying yet! (But must be fairly close to it)

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  5. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Welcome to BYC!!! It's a good place to learn all about chickens... I hope to see some pics of the ladies when you get the chance.. If you need me, feel free to PM me with any questions you may have...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] & [​IMG]

7. pdoyle23323

pdoyle23323 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Thank you for all the welcomes! AT work right now [​IMG] will post pics tonight!

Dawn

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

9. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] from Ohio [​IMG] You chose a great breed of chicken![​IMG] [​IMG] It's good that you love your flock.[​IMG][​IMG] Your dog might need some new rules taught to him/her.[​IMG]

My coop is a 4'x4' box design, my 4 hens & 1 roo LOVE it! ~ plenty of space for them too![​IMG]

10. mcsfarms

mcsfarms Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern California
    welcome to BYC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by