Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RBahmer, Oct 7, 2011.

1. RBahmer

RBahmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello. My name is Robin and I live in Michigan. I am REAL new to chickens. I wanted some for eggs but then got addicted. I bought baby pullets from our local TSC store this spring then I was hooked. My hubby said only 20 but needless to say I have snuck a few in here and a few in there and here I am with about 40 layers PLUS my fancy chickens I have bought lately lol. I figured out if I only do a few at a time he doesnt notice as much. I have over 60 chickens now. My son just built me another coop and will build more next spring.
    My layers are Isa Browns,4 Rhode Island Reds, 3 black Australorps,Leghorns, and Ameraucanas. I also have a trio of Wheaton Penedesencas, a pair of Partridge Penedesencas, Barnvelders, Wellsummers, Silver Lakenvelders,Blue Andalusions ,Cuckoo Marans, and Blue Marans. In the future I would like to add a trio of Black Copper Marans.
    A breeder where I bought some chicks from told me about BYC. So far this is an awesome sight.
    In my spare time I raise sheep. We have hair sheep and Icelandic sheep. A flock of around 70.
    We have 3 children, all grown, and 7 grandchildren. One of our sons live with us and helps me a lot on the farm.

2. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    Hi and Welcome! [​IMG]
    I was born and raised in Michigan but now live in Alabama! Love my chickies:)

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    HELLO FROM THE FLINT AREA!!!! Where are you located in Michigan, Robin?

Sounds like you have already learned the "chicken math"!!! Icelandic sheep? Well....did you know there are Icelandic chickens as well? Here's a thread on them: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=299038

The Warden (Mary) has done a wonderful job with them, and I highly recommend her if you're interested in getting some!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Robin and [​IMG]. Glad you discovered BYC! Those are some beautiful birds you have there!! Enjoy!! [​IMG]

5. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG] from Texas

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! Isn't it fun being retired and working harder than you ever thought possible doing what you love! [​IMG] from the west coast!

8. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Wow, you are really off and running! So glad to have you here.

[​IMG]

9. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You must join us on the MI thread. You'll meet lots of neat people in your neck of the woods.

10. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!! Glad you joined!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by