1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rosebud75, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Rosebud75

Rosebud75 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2008
    Vt
    Hey everyone - I'm a pure newbie - as in, no chickens yet! [​IMG]
    Hubby is a former city-boy who won't let me get them yet.

Hoping to learn and live vicariously through you guys till I get my own flock!

2. Gloria

Gloria Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

You'll love it here, lots of info! And very addicting!

3. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    Welcome to BYC! Don't feel bad about not having chickens just yet! You can use the time between now and when you do get them to research breeds, feeds and housing options. I kept a journal for 2 years of all the research I did and found it really helped me know which breeds I wanted and how I wanted to raise our flock after we did get them.

4. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Hello [​IMG] and [​IMG] You're gonna love it here! We're a friendly bunch and some of us (not me, I'm still learning) know a great deal about raising chickens. You'll learn a lot and have some fun, too!

5. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Welcome....!! Hope you get your chickies soon!!

6. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    [​IMG][/img]Welcome. That's sound advice about taking the time to learn as much as possible before getting your birds. This site can help you to avoid some of the mistakes the rest of us have made. I'm sure you will love this site.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by