MadisonSue

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 16, 2014
I'm pretty new to chickens. I'm replenishing a flock I had for two years that disappeared due to a fox. So, I'm starting over again. I got chicks coming May 7 and, in the meantime, I'm working on making my coop a fortress. I can't wait for the chicks!!

Sue

images

Welcome to BYC!

So sorry about losing your first flock. Those predators can be brutal! So yes, build, rebuild and over build! Fort Knox!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your new flock and welcome to ours!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck on your coop build and with your soon to be new chicks! Sorry about your first flock, foxes are a nasty predator.

I'm pretty new to chickens. I'm replenishing a flock I had for two years that disappeared due to a fox. So, I'm starting over again. I got chicks coming May 7 and, in the meantime, I'm working on making my coop a fortress. I can't wait for the chicks!!

Sue
Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry about your old flock. D= I am planning to raise chickens for eggs and meat this summer (and hopefully beyond) and I was worried about predators too. Thankfully we don't have foxes here.

I don't think we do at least...

I wish I had some suggestions on how to make your coop more fortress like. liz9910 suggestion sounded great though. I'd probably try to build the fence like a cage so that the foxes (or anything else) can dig underneath the fence.

Back
Top Bottom