Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sorry about your difficulty. So you tried posting in the new members section?

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

BYC can be a bit daunting at first, but you will get the hang of it soon. If you are on a mobile, you may need to download a BYC app to get the most out of BYC. Stop by this section for more help with using a mobile....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16183/mobile-feedback

So glad you could join our community!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm also glad you were able to post here. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have chickens?

Hi yes Im a new chicken owner. I have a Salmon Faveralle 10 months old who had laid before me getting her. After 2 weeks she laid for me one egg every other day but appears to have stopped again. I also have a 6mth old Wyandotte not laying; and a 5mth Buff Orpington not laying. Is this normal or should they all be laying now regularly.

These breeds should start laying any time. They usually start sometime around 6 months of age, but can wait until 6 1/2 or even 7 months. I hope they start laying soon! :)

Hi yes Im a new chicken owner. I have a Salmon Faveralle 10 months old who had laid before me getting her. After 2 weeks she laid for me one egg every other day but appears to have stopped again. I also have a 6mth old Wyandotte not laying; and a 5mth Buff Orpington not laying. Is this normal or should they all be laying now regularly.

I've never had Salmon Faverolles, but I had a good friend and neighbor who raised them, and they were very calm and gentle birds. I've had Wyandottes and Buff Orpingtons and like both breeds, especially BOs for their friendly, gentle temperament (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets out to our BOs). As TwoCrows said, your two pullets should start laying soon. Good luck getting those eggs.

Back
Top Bottom