Newbie!!

aliciasch

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 12, 2015
SW Oklahoma
Hello all. Totally love this page! Every time I need answers you guys are here to help! I am a first time owner. I have two hens two Roos and one pullet who will hopefully start laying soon! She's around 28-29 weeks old!

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Happy you joined! If I were you I would get at least another hen for each rooster. 1 hen and 1 rooster can get stressful for a hen. Hope you have a great time keeping chickens!

I've been wanting to get more hens but I'm nervous about introductions. My barred rock hen isn't very nice to new birds. She attacked my salmon faverolles pullet and now she's with my other faverolles

Welcome to BYC, again. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting those eggs soon.

Well I do actually have a question! This morning I saw my barred rock hen poop formed milky white poop. I've seen one other poo like it but she's acting fine. Still eating and drinking. Saw her in the nest box this morning which is nice Bcz she's been laying on top of them for the last few weeks causing them to freeze and break.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom