Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lsand, Feb 18, 2015.

1. lsand

lsand New Egg

Feb 18, 2015
    Hello Everyone!
    Fairly new to the chicken world, my next door neighbor got me hooked almost one year ago. Went with her on a trip to our local feed store and picked up 2 BR, 3 Buffs and 2 EE. One week later we added a White Chinese goose to the group. Just recently acquired an EE Rooster and looking forward to chicks!
    Have Cream legbar eggs in incubator due to hatch March 1st
    [​IMG], Black Copper Marans and Olive Eggers are on order. Did I say I'm hooked [​IMG]
    Looking forward to learning all I can!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Sounds like you have been very busy in your first year of chicken keeping!! Good luck with your eggs in the incubator. Hatching and raising your own chicks is a fantastic experience, something I enjoy very much. The learning centre is a great place to start, here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/

Be sure to ask any questions you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly. Hope you enjoy BYC, I am sure you will :frow

3. lsand

lsand New Egg

Feb 18, 2015
    Thank You! Counting the days till my first hatch.

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Chickens are very addicting, and very few members are immune to "chicken math." :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hatch.

5. lsand

lsand New Egg

Feb 18, 2015
    Thank you! I'm sure I will have many questions along the way, so nice to belong to such a helpful group!

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sounds like you have a massive poultry addiction - Good for you [​IMG]. You'll fit in with the BYC flock- just fine

8. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Welcome to BYC! Good luck with your hatch and birds (Cream Legbars lay the prettiest blue eggs!). Nice to have you join us.

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

10. lsand

lsand New Egg

Feb 18, 2015
    Thanks for all the warm welcome's! So glad to be a part of this group [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by