Newby

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DebiC215, May 28, 2017.

1. DebiC215

DebiC215 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2017
    Hondo, Texas
    Hello all,
    I am new to chickens and appreciate the group so much. You have already helped me thru two disasters. I have 3 buff orpington (who are my fav so far), 3 welsummers, 1 sexlink (RIR) who are 3 months old. I recently lost one. (wry neck?). I also have three little polish (same age), six silkie babies, and three (I hope) frizzles babies. I have always wanted them, so everything is new to me. I never knew they could have such personality. I need another coop but am waiting for sales - LOL Babies won't be ready to go out for a few weeks yet.

I also have rescue cats, dogs, mini horses (10), 1 mini donkey, one older qtr horse and one older warmblood. Oh, and one gallah parrot, two conures, one caique, 5 lineolated parakeets (one is my first hatchling), and one rose (?) parakeet.

I used to do a lot of rescues and I am definitely an animal person. So is my daughter. My son-in-law and husband are pretty supportive (most of the time).

I started out wanting 4 chickens - LOL. So thank you for letting me join you.

EggsOnBenedict likes this.
  2. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Welcome to BYC!

If you check your local craigslist, under free items, you may find enough free stuff to build another coop.

3. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Overrun With Chickens

Jul 13, 2016
    Kicking Pokes!
    My Coop
    :welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:goodpost::yuckyuck:bun:bun:bun:bunIts great to have you here!!!! I love this site, its like a book! xxx
    Im an animal lover too! xxx:highfive:

4. Circle W Farms

Circle W Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2016
    Antreville,SC
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC.

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Nice intro, thanks for joining us!

What a great variety of animals you have...I'd love to see a couple of pictures if you'd care to share (especially the mini horses, they're so cute).

Make yourself at home here!

Hybridchucks likes this.
  6. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Overrun With Chickens

Jul 13, 2016
    Kicking Pokes!
    My Coop
    2x

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    :welcome

8. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - so glad you've joined us! Watch Craigslist and your other local buy/sell/trade pages for sheds, wood play structures/play houses, etc -- or, if folks in your area use such a thing, bus stop shelters (here everyone builds little "houses" at the road for their kids to wait for the bus because of the amount of rain we get during the school year). Failing that, you can almost always build something way bigger and better for less $$ than buying the sort of coop you are going to find available in a retail setting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by