1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Newby!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Morecambeclucks, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Morecambeclucks

Morecambeclucks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2013
    Hi All!,
    Have learned a lot from all of you guys, culminating in my taking the plunge today, and adopting my Ex Batts Harriot and Henrietta! I want to give my Girls the best house possible because they deserve some happiness, now i know that the best isn't the most expensive, but I would like to have all the essentials in my hand made hen home, any advice, or pointers would be amazing, thanks x[​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

4. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut Premium Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    I've always wanted to adopt a battery hen...I just don't know how to go about it! It is such a wonderful thing to do!

5. Lolipop

Lolipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2013
    CT
    [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and [​IMG]! Pleased you took the plunge! Best of luck with your hens!

7. Morecambeclucks

Mar 20, 2013
    In the U.K. i went to the British Hen Welfare trust, just try "Hen adoption" in Google, It might work x

8. Morecambeclucks

Mar 20, 2013
    Thank you, they're sooooooooo Adorable!

9. debs girls

debs girls New Egg

Feb 27, 2013
    Hi there ! We adopted a couple of ex batts 10 months ago , started with 3 but lost one, we let them free range in a small but safe garden if you have any questions get in touch as we have had lots of different things happen to the girls and we are learning all the time, glad you took the plunge its very rewarding

10. Morecambeclucks

Mar 20, 2013
    Thanks,
    Since you mention it, Henrietta is definitely more dominant than Harriet, Henrietta keeps pecking Harriet's bald patch, today Harriet has a runny (clear) nose. I have put some Cider Vinegar in the water, as it has been recommended for times of stress, I hope I am worrying over nothing ! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by