Newcastle NSW and surrounds

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you joined us.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. You just started a thread. :eek:) We would love to see some pics of your birds and read any info you would like to share with us, and please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

Thankyou very much.! Glad to be here
1f60a.png
I have been reading online and realised there is an app and joined up today.
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

My i have 3 isa brown hens who think they are human hahaha and I just got 2 white silkies on the weekend that are 6 weeks.

Im still navigating my way around BYC.
I decided to start a thread just for some fun.

Last edited:
I know it's near impossible but can anyone tell the sex of my silkies. I think I got stooged by a breeder on the weekend with my silkies. I guess I learnt the hard way if they are both roosters
1f622.png
and it was an early Christmas present lol

Last edited:
Your Silkies are too young to tell gender. Silkies are notoriously difficult to sex; sometimes, you don't know until they crow or lay. However, I'm leaning towards both of your birds being cockerels.

Thankyou. Yes I have been told they are hard to sex. Oh well if that's the case I will have to start again and find new homes for them hopefully one that won't chop their heads
1f633.png
but they are friendly little things that's for sure. Eating out of my hand an they jump up on my arm and want scratches

Last edited:
G'day and welcome to Backyard chickens. I agree with bantam lover, their combs are very visible at this stage. Males usually have s wider more prominent comb while females tend to have narrow ones. I wouldn't bet the farm on it though.

Didja know BYC has a large aussie community and their very popular thread "Australia, six states and one funny little island." Glad you joined the flock
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom