Newcastle or Bronchitis

lsuphillier1

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
I have had a batch of chickens with symptoms of Newcastle and bronchitis. I have given them anti-biotics and most of them have cleared up (about 3-4 still have symptoms but are improving). I'm getting a new batch of birds (likely today) and need to use the coop. I have cleaned it out and will put new bedding in but am wondering if I need to disinfect or anything. Suggestions?

How do you know that you have Newcastle ? If you think that you have had this are you going to isolate the new birds from the old ?

You can use a product called Oxine to clean your coop. However, the old birds will be carriers of the disease even though they seem fine.

I really don't know what they have. During Halloween, their light went out (they were about 3 weeks old), a few died and several were sneezing, running eye, and some had eyes closed shut...and a few were real droopy, weak like. I have given an anti-biotic and most have cleared up. I've moved all of them out of the coop and was wondering what I should use if anything to kill any virus or bacteria in the brooder.

Back
Top Bottom