Newcomer in central Connecticut

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CityMouse, Mar 29, 2012.

1. CityMouse

CityMouse New Egg

Mar 29, 2012
    Hello all--

I'm in East Hartford, CT, where I finally found the chicken-keeping regulations; they're organized under the Health Department of all places! I stumbled across BYC during that search.

My mother-in-law has chickens in the northwest corner, and my 5yo daughter caught the fever. She's asked her Grandma to bring some of this year's chicks to visit her Daisy Girl Scouts meeting while they're still tiny & fluffy. (The chicks that is, not the Daisies.) Grandma's chicken o' choice is Rhode Island Reds....I've always been fond of Barred Rocks myself.

We've been house-hunting, and now we are aiming for a house with a 1-acre yard with space for chickens, a dog, a big garden, and space to set up my medieval pavillion when it needs to dry after a wet camping trip (www.eastkingdom.org). We're fans of Down To Earth Blog...but I must admit that I sometimes get confused by the reversed Australian seasons.

Cheers,
    Mary

2. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

3. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

[​IMG] from new flock owner in Va. 25 white leghorns, 25 Cornish X rocks, 10 black Australorps, 5 New Hampshire reds, 4 Araucanas,3 Dominique's and one mystery chick. this site is invaluable to all that grace it pages.

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So happy to have you aboard. :thumbsup

7. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by