Newest Addition...finally found my camera :P

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Cindiloohoo, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Ok, so HERE is the pup DH just HAD to have! Her name is Sugarbear..well at least the bear part was right [​IMG] [​IMG]
    She is 7 weeks old tomorrow, and weighs about 8 pounds...she's gonna be a monster!
    This is her sweet face to lure you in.........
    [​IMG]

Until she can snatch your camera lanyard and steal that flashy thing!!!! [​IMG] See that HAHA I GOT it face?!!? Little lug nut..
    [​IMG]

Pardon my floors..er lack thereof...we still haven't gotten our hardwood yet, but that carpet HAD TO GO! [​IMG]

2. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    Cute puppy![​IMG]

3. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    Quote:I torn mu carpets up too... 4 dogs + carpet [​IMG]...

Extra sweet monster you have there... what is she?

We have two shepherds for the local rescue center, a semi rescued border collie and an american cocker spaniel

4. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    She's a BullDork. Pit Bull/Labradork bull headed and a fluffy little dork so I tell everybody she's a BullDork [​IMG] She's driving me crazy..always after my socks/pants/hands/broom whatever...follows me around harassing me all day [​IMG] I love her!!! [​IMG]

5. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Beautiful beautiful brindle! Any kind of brindle is the right color! [​IMG]

Watch out about the pants and sock harrassing. My DH has let 2 of our dogs do that to him [​IMG] and he ended up with torn jeans - and Bill, the dog in my avatar, will still try to take DH's socks off when DH is resting on the sofa and Bill decides hes being boring! [​IMG] Eight pounds harrassing you really is cute, but 70 lbs is different alltogether! [​IMG]

On a more serious note, I would totally discourage any mouthing of hands or arms. Teeth on your hands will be totally unacceptable when she gets older.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  6. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Yes I know ALL of those are no no's! Still working with her. Trying the hold her jaws method to keep her from biting at hands, and DH is ruining her by letting her get his pants. We have an older Pit that is almost 7 that STILL does him this way and she's 80 pounds...one day he will learn [​IMG] Thankfully I am the one with her all day and can get a jump on her training....soon as I get over this head cold anyway. She's really smart and great around all the birds so far, except Tom turkey scared the mess out of her so she doesn't much like him anymore [​IMG] Hens have flogged her, so she sticks by me, and doesn't go after them anymore. *sigh* a work in progress!

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I love my hens for teaching my puppy that they mean business. My puppy(s) also have a sock fettish and the one we are keeping thinks grabbing my pant leg is the new way to catch me when we run around outside. Going to ask at puppy kindergarten tonight how to put a stop to that.

She is very cute! Good luck training her!

8. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Thats a cutie. I'm glad you got a pup. On the floor note, I am fixing to have some just like them. [​IMG]

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    very cute... love the name. [​IMG]

10. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:LOL! We thought about sanding and just refinishing what we have. It'd be a pain though with all the sheetrock mud and crud the builders left behind [​IMG] We po' folks can't afford "real" flooring [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by