newest addition to the family... TeaCake the donkey

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Mojo Chick'n, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

This is my new mini jack - he's 3 years old, trained to pull a cart (we don't have a cart or a harness, will have to get those) and he has already sired some babies. I got him for Butters (and her Mama and Mama's newest baby who hopefully will be another girl).

I named him TeaCake cause he's sweet and he looks like a little cupcake with sprinkles [​IMG]
    (they had just been calling him "jack" at his old home - real original - never let a guy name anything [​IMG] - sorry guys, I guess some of ya have imagination, just a lot of them around here don't).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish this pic had turned out better - TeaCake touching noses with Butters - she's a year old this spring, too soon to breed, but I can't wait til she's old enough.
    [​IMG]

and one last pic (not of TeaCake) just cause it's funny .... "Dad's got Cookies!!!"
    [​IMG]

meri

2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

He is adorable!!! I wish I could have a donkey!!

3. Mojo Chick'n

Quote:I have two I need to sell to make room [​IMG]
    I've been wanting a spotted mini jack forever it seems, though. The other day I was just finishing up morning chores when this stranger pulls into my driveway and says "Jr. Walker told me you might want my donkey." [​IMG]

Bless Junior's heart, he's "gotten" me into 5 donkeys so far (and more that I had to turn down). Jr. has 40 or so donkeys -- I guess he wants to spread the love [​IMG] (the man is 90 years old, I don't know how he keeps up with all those donkeys.)

At the moment I have 10.5 donkeys (Mama is due to foal in April).

Two of them have to go, I'm afraid. The two that I picked, however, are the ones least interested in being cuddled, so they'd make a nice guardian pair. I can probably find good homes (or one home, hopefully) for them close by.

I've had horses before - I much prefer donkeys. We have one old horse, who'll never leave here (unless she's feet up). She can't be ridden because of arthritis (and a stubborn streak a mile long, even if she were sound) so she's just a big pet hay burner.

meri

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  4. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

There was just a spotted jack on craigslist in my area for 200$, believe me, I thought about it. I have no room but told DH that when there is, he better get used to some Hee Hawing!

5. Mojo Chick'n

Quote:[​IMG] TeaCake is the smallest donkey I have and the loudest - I can hear him while inside the house with the TV going when he goes off.
    The other donkeys aren't nearly so loud. I love the hee hawing, though [​IMG]

6. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    He's really cute! If you were closer he could borrow one of my carts, once I get the second one finished! I'd love to get a spotted mini driving donkey!

7. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    he is adorable--love the spots.

8. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Cute guy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by