Newest addition

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gudrin, May 18, 2010.

1. gudrin

gudrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    Minnesota
    I just thought I would finally get a chance to post this, complete with a couple of pics!

Our newest addition to the family, Emily Lynn. Born 4-29-10, 9 lbs 4 oz, 22 inches. Already an adventurous little girl, as she got to have a helicopter ride to a Children's Hospital when she was only about a day and a half old. She started turning purple for no apparent reason and our little small town hospital couldn't monitor her properly. So, I got discharged in the middle of the night (we were due to be discharged around noon on that Sat...It was about 3:00 a.m.). My husband and I headed for the Children's hospital while making arrangements for our older daughter and all that. Nothing was ever found as to why she was turning purple. She had about 6 of the purple "episodes" in about 12 hours, the last one on that Sat. morning at about 8:00 a.m. at Children's. Her doctor there got to see it, and they ran all kinds of tests to see what it could be. Everything came back negative. It wasn't brain, heart, lungs, infection (poor kid had to have a lumbar puncture. I had to okay that over the phone. I winced when I heard it, and am thankful she won't remember it!) or anything else they could think of. They monitored her for another 48 hours after that, and as she was fine, we got to bring her home. The consensus is that she just had to grow out of it. We did have all kinds of nurses stopping by the room in the NICU wanting to see "The big baby with the hair!" Since then nothing weird has happened, Emily is growing like crazy and is fine. It was just something that happened.

So now, onto the pics!
    [​IMG]

She was in the NICU in this one. We chose this one for the birth announcement in the paper because it was one of the most unique pictures we were able to get. We were told we had the cutest baby in the paper that week!

[​IMG]

There she is, almost ready to be put into the car seat to go home! We just didn't figure on a three hour drive to get home, instead of fifteen minutes. And yes, that is a duckling on her shirt and it says, "Just Hatched". Those are the same clothes that her big sister came home in.

2. SmartyChick

SmartyChick An Official Milkmaid

Oct 19, 2009
    Sullivan County NY
    [​IMG] that's awesome. Love the shirt. [​IMG]

3. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    You'all sure hatched a pretty baby.

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

She's beautiful! [​IMG]

I'm glad that she's doing well, after the initial scare.

[​IMG]

5. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Awww, she is beautiful! I am glad things worked out and she is doing well!

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

So beautiful! [​IMG] [​IMG] Congrats!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    What a beautiful little angel. Congrats and I am so glad she is doing great. Cute clothes too.

8. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

She is precious!!!! She is a little Angel [​IMG]

9. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    SO adorable!!!!!! She's gonna break some hearts! [​IMG]

10. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    love that baby!!!!!!!!!! adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by