Newie from Australia

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Gypsy, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Gypsy

Gypsy New Egg

Apr 5, 2007
    NSW Australia
    Hi Group.
    I am a new parent to two chickens and have joined this group to learn about these little creatures.
    My chooks are now about two or three months old (I think). They are not looking the best as they are losing their soft fluffiness and starting to grow feathers.
    I hope to make new friends also.

2. edbama2

edbama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    Hey and welcome aboard. I have found that some of mine did not look good when they started feathering. They will start to look better. [​IMG]

3. wolfpack62001

wolfpack62001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    New Brockton, Alabama
    Welcome to BYC Gypsy
    These are some great Folks here and you will find a lot of info here.
    Post some pics, we love to see new chicks.

4. MRBIG

MRBIG Out Of The Brooder

Hi there.....You are right they dont look good do they i just got 3 black orpingtons about a month ago and they were losing there baby fluff but man they are looking good now and so big i thought my RIR were big but nothing on these girls which i am certain that they are girls as they are way over 4 months old, and i would have thought they would be starting to sing out in the morning as i have been hearing all the other roosters from afar houses with there early morning wake up calls.
    Are you planning on getting any more chickens ???

5. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there , Im from Oz too, im in NSW, welcome, have lots of fun learning the tricks from this forum, i love these guys they are so friendly and helpful.
    Helen

6. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Hi, Welcome to Backyard Chickens. You will find a lot of help, and a lot of friends here. What part of Australia are you from?

7. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Welcome, Gypsy ! [​IMG]
    What breed of chickens do you have?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by