Newly Expecting: Hen Pair

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MckenzieJordyn, Mar 9, 2012.

1. MckenzieJordyn

MckenzieJordyn New Egg

Mar 9, 2012
    Webster, ND
    Hello from shivery North Dakota! I'm Mckenzie, or Mack and my fiance' Derek and I are waiting on our local Tractor Supply Store to receive their first shipment of chicks in this week so we have spent the last month preparing. A little about us: I'm 28, he's 39..we already have 2 dogs, a cat, and a 10 gallon fish aquarium - we love our pets! I work as a project manager on construction contracts with the US Army Corps of Engineers so that's why we are in burrr ND, I'm originally from northern Idaho but spent the last 10 years in the warm south in the Marine Corps. I have since met my lovely husband to be on my last project at Kirtland AFB, NM and we have been engaged 7 months. He's originally from Texas and his 12 years between the army and air force settled him in New Mexico when we met. We were those pair of people that were the only single ones out of all the neighborhood of friends and everyone always asked "are ya'll together" and even with a rule of no attraction/relationship..just friendship wanted...well you see where we ended up. Couldn't be happier. So about our new incoming flock.. we are hoping for 2 beautiful egg layers, so we will be looking in the pullet area. I understand the Tractor Supply gets a 'hatchery choice' blend and they are only separated by pullets and another group which are mixed with the boys. They also informed me that they do the guessing of what breeds they are, but no guarantees as they are not told in the shipment. We've been browsing all kinds of info in much excitement, we have our chick coop built and ready for them and getting the sand in today. We just need to decide on our watering system and their new home is ready to go. After their time indoors when they are ready to go outside, they will have a nice large coop awaiting them which opens to our picket fenced garden. Since the snow is still on the ground here, we haven't even began on either of the outdoor fronts. For now its seedlings and chicks. I'm so happy to have found this forum and look forward to this adventure in our farm town with you all with us in spirit!

Always,
    Mack

2. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Southwest Ohio.....glad you joined and good luck with your new girls

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] from Louisiana!

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Welcome to BYC fellow Dakotan!

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]