Newly hatched babies!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by emptynester, Dec 16, 2011.

1. emptynester

emptynester Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    I posted this earlier today in another forum but have a question for the quail wranglers that may be online. Because of college and the holidays I actually forgot I had 6 quail eggs in the incubator until the day they were due to hatch. As the humidity was at 40% and the turner was still going, I wasn't expecting any to hatch, but just in case, I turned off the turner, added water and locked it down. 24 hours later, I have 6 tiny little quail hatched out, and running around, yay!

My question is- is it normal for one or two to constantly be chirping? They have food and water, just wondering if I am missing anything.

2. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Yep they are peepers, they will run around and talk for no reason, dont worry about that. Just make sure they have food, water, and heat and they will be big birds in no time,

Congrats by the way, have any pictures?

3. emptynester

emptynester Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    Thanks for the reply! I had not taken any pictures because I was trying to not open where they are more than I have to, so they can stay warm. BUT, since you asked, and it gave me a wonderful excuse...
    [​IMG] One of the six refused to be in the group shot, but I know it's in there LOL

4. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    adorable [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Oh boy, look at those perty quail! Congrats on the hatch. [​IMG]

6. blackhawk44

blackhawk44 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2011