NEWLY HATCHED CHICKS!!!!!!!!

chickensgocluck3013

In the Brooder
Nov 2, 2021
im very sad to post this but my chick died because of early hatching and she had a underdeveloped wing but 2 other chicks hatched fortunately but others are not hatching😭😭😭. i put wood shavings instead of paper towels because it had to be replaced every day. the incubator i made, its heat source ( a 40 watt bulb ) broke and i got a new one but it was too late😭.i am having problems getting Puffy's and Riley's mothers to accept them into the chicken coop (they have different mothers but still are like siblings). yeturday i took them out close to their mothers and their mothers ( Shadow and Fluffy ) came close to them and the chicks went under their mother's wing!!!! but a minute later the hen went away and just startred eating grass like the chick didnt even exist!!! please tell me what to do to get them to accept the chicks into the coop.

Mother = broody that hatched the eggs. If none of your hens set and hatched these eggs, they have no mother and will not be mothered by their biological parent.

If you incubated and hatched them, you are their mother and must supply them with all their needs until they are fully feathered and ready to integrate into the flock around 6 weeks of age. They will be strangers to your flock and formal integration practices will be required to ensure your flock accepts them.

Mother = broody that hatched the eggs. If none of your hens set and hatched these eggs, they have no mother and will not be mothered by their biological parent.

If you incubated and hatched them, you are their mother and must supply them with all their needs until they are fully feathered and ready to integrate into the flock around 6 weeks of age. They will be strangers to your flock and formal integration practices will be required to ensure your flock accepts them.
ohhhhhh ok i incubated them so i guess i will take care of them. this batch of eggs the hens didnt sit on but now they laid a new batch and are sitting on the new batch so i will leave those eggs there and keep on incubating the old batch. a third one pipped and it was shrink wrapped but i helped it out and its doing fine!!!

Back
Top Bottom