1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Newly hatched Guinea Fowl Keets

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by jeffkerle65, Jan 23, 2016.

1. jeffkerle65

jeffkerle65 Chillin' With My Peeps

I just had a little bit of luck, I've hatch Guinea Keets in the incubator. Not quite sure what breed they are. A lady gave me some eggs she got from somewhere. Can somebody tell what breed or breeds they maybe.
    [​IMG]
    1 to 2 days old
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hope these photo's can ID. them. I think they could be all the same breed?

2. R2elk

R2elk Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    Your first photo shows there are several different varieties but is not good enough to tell what they are for sure. Individual photos of each taken with one looking straight down on top of them and a second looking directly from the side would help.

The second photo is a Lavender.

3. NBKOC64

NBKOC64 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2014
    Midlothian, TX
    I think they're all lavender. The ones with white faces could be lavender pied. Nice looking bunch of chicks.

4. RandomePerson

RandomePerson Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    I think they are either buff or buff dundotte here is a link they are very cool and if they survive and they are buffs and if you breed them i would love some keets. Link: Guinea Fowl Color Chart

1 person likes this.
  5. R2elk

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    Please point out the ones that you think are buff or buff dundotte because I don't see any buff or buff dundottes in the photos posted.

6. RandomePerson

Feb 3, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Some off the darker ones in the back without the pied specifically the 5 darker ones in the back but i can see that one in the back is pied in the face

7. RandomePerson

Feb 3, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    The lines arent very distinct but darker than most lavender keets

8. R2elk

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    Here is a link to what buff dundotte keets look like. There are no buff or buff dundotte keets in those photos.

http://guineas.com/colorchart/color/buff_dundotte3.jpg

Here is a link to what a lavender keet looks like.

http://guineas.com/colorchart/color/lavstrio.jpg

There may or may not be any pieds in the photos because the photos don't show enough of each individual keet. There do appear to be several of the keets that are of the non-dotted varieties such as the third keet up on the left that may be a sky blue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by