Newly hatched Sebbie Goslings!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by nonsuch, Apr 19, 2012.

1. nonsuch

nonsuch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Poy Sippi, WI
    We acquired our first Geese in February. We were lucky enough to get a pair of Holderreads white Sebastopols that had been passed through two owners before coming to us. We already had reservations on two colored Sebastopols coming from a Breeder in Wisconsin. In the meantime, our Goose "Isabella" decided to lay and sit on 5 eggs. They hatched this past weekend...all 5 eggs! I'm going to attach photos of the babies. They are absolutely adorable. The parents are extremely devoted to the new babies. We also have two three week old colored Goslings (one is a Saddleback and the other is going to be either Blue or Gray) I'm going to attach photos. Oops I can't quite figure out how to attach the photos?

2. nonsuch

Mar 22, 2011
    Poy Sippi, WI
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

congrats!

I've been looking for some sebastopol hatching eggs.. so i'm just a wee bit jealous!

4. brownfoxfarm

brownfoxfarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2012
    Rural NW Illinois
    Congratulations!! We've been incubator hatching our Pilgrim eggs so far & were wondering what a normal clutch size is if we decide to let our geese set their own.

I love those beautiful fancy Sebastopol feathers. SO pretty!

5. nonsuch

Mar 22, 2011
    Poy Sippi, WI
    Good luck in finding Sebastopol hatching eggs. If I had more I would sell you some. Next year, we plan on putting any eggs on the BYCF to sell. At least we know that their eggs were fertile. I'm still so surprised at the 100% hatch :) I'll post more photos as they grow. I also will put up some photos of the parents before they lost some of their stunning feathers (related to mating season). At this point we're unsure if our two colored Sebbie Goslings are male or female

6. yinepu

I'll be looking for your auctions next year!

Even if I manage to find some between now and then I'll still bid on them [​IMG]

7. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Very pretty trio of whites, they will grow so fast be sure to take lots of pictures.

Those looking for eggs can risk eBay, but know this. Many of the eBay eggs are from parent stock that are not to standard and should be kept as pets only.

8. yinepu

I'm trying to avoid ebay ... I've seen too many bidding wars as of late and well.... I would rather give my money to someone that I KNOW for certain is on BYC lol

(yeah I know some of the peeps here also sell on ebay.. but it's hard knowing who is who unless you recognize a user name)

9. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i had very good luck with the eggs i bought on ebay. Five out of six hatched. i bought 9 Sebbie eggs from a local woman, the person from whom i bought my trio last year, and only five out of nine hatched. i don't plan on showing my birds, they are just pretty pets. i would think anyone seriously into showing would buy from a reputable breeder.

10. yinepu

i don't show... I'm too antisocial for that plus I would be afraid of bringing home some sort of bugaboo and my birds getting sick...

I mainly want nice healthy eggs from nice healthy stock... and I would prefer to give my money to a BYCer.. though I have bought eggs from eBay before (mostly emu eggs).. I try to support people who I know are on here first if possible

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by