Newly hatched serama chick!!:D PICS!guesses needed on which Mommy hen!

19hhbelgian

Pigs DO Fly!!
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
New Tripoli PA
This little bugger is the first to hatch from the 6 eggs that I set, from my hen checkers, and Roo, Sunny
big_smile.png
wee.gif
Checkers is Mottled, and Sunny is, well, sunny
tongue.png
He's a brilliant coppery orange. The chicks is completely yellow, so who knows what color he's going to be! Unless the eggs are actually from my silkied serama hen, who is tan. So, take your guesses as to which hen is the Mommy
idunno.gif
Here are pics of Mom, possible Mom, Dad, and the chick!!

Checkers:
27475_img_0458.jpg

Sunny:
27475_img_0453.jpg

Silkied serama hen, Peanut:
27475_img_0184.jpg

The New addition!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

27475_img_1372.jpg

In this pic, look at the center top of his head. He is bald??!
27475_img_1377.jpg

Ahh how cute!
big_smile.png
And checkers is gorgeous!
I am no help when it comes to saying wich chick belongs to wich mom.. because sunny might have past his genes down through either of them.
Congrats!

I had a BO hatch with a bald spot. It wasnt til she lost all of her fluff and got real feathers that it filled in. Looks like your chicks name can be Mohawk....lol. Temporarily anyways.

Congrats on the little cutie!

Ok... So if the chick is going to be the color of Sunny, it wouldn't necessarily be a reddish color as a baby? I was thinking a light tan because of the down color but
idunno.gif
I'm openly ignorant when it comes to genes
roll.png
so any info is very welcome!

I was sorta questioning the bald spot... None of my other chicks have ever hatched that way
lau.gif
I was thinking "Baldy" but was worried it would hurt "his" feelings
tongue2.gif

I have yellow chicks that turn reddish..not a solid red like a RIR... Like Clifford here, he was one that was yellow...
SqueakyLine011.jpg

Most of my chicks have actually been yellow...never had a black one, and you have seen all the colors of my birds---so Im really no help! lol
I dont think that I have ever seen a reddish chick. Has anyone else? Ill bet that is pretty!!

I totally thought MoHawk too! Tee hee!

Pics are the easiest thing to get me to post
lol.png
I prefer to have "fluffy kids" rather than regular kids, so I could go on forever about them
lau.gif

OOOOHHHHH!!! Also have another pip
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom