Newly hatched silkie chicks outer toes curl under "?"

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cthrash1, Jun 19, 2008.

1. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Makes a little more difficult for it to get footing. Just hatched out yesterday...Started to pip on afternoon of the 19th day, yesterday(prob due to a spike for a few hours one day)... hatched that night the other came out around 2:00am this morning. They're in my room so it woke me up. Okay anyways my question is...Should I just let it be and see if it can survive this way or try to do something(don't have a clue what)?

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    It's called curled toes and needs to have boots put on its feet...cut out small cardboard pieces to fit feet, tape with bandaides or a tape that would not hurt its feet, (meaning like terrible to get off)...you have to leave it on a few days, take it off see if it helped and then re-apply if not....might want to give it some vits. like Childrens liquid Poly-Vi-Sol drops in the water to give it a boost if its from a deficiency....or Durvet Vits & Electrolytes in poweder form that goes in the water...you can get this one at feedstores...

Should be lots of posts in the search button in the blue line at the top of this page...Just type in Curled Toes....

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by