Newly laying pullets - lots of Bawwwwwking!

scootchick

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 1, 2014
I have 4 pullets (21 weeks) and the first hen just started laying this week. They have become super loud and I have close neighbors. Will this subside as they get used to laying? Are they in pain? Anything I can do to help?

The simple answer is....NOPE!! Your girls are proud of their egg laying and they want the world to know about it! Maybe some fresh eggs for your neighbors might quell the loudness they will hear on occasion?

I have 4 pullets (21 weeks) and the first hen just started laying this week. They have become super loud and I have close neighbors. Will this subside as they get used to laying? Are they in pain? Anything I can do to help
My hens cackle both after laying and before.It will lay off soon.Pullets normally start in pain,if it doesn't i'd get vocals cut or lowed,if that's possible,but ya know hens cackle normally if their read to lay in their not in or near a nest box
Mines do everyday.

I have heard cackling, the egg song and normal sounds that laying hens make - this sound is a loud raspy continuous car alarm sound. It goes on for a few minutes then stops. They are all examining the newly laid egg and seeming to sort of be freaking out about it.

I have heard cackling, the egg song and normal sounds that laying hens make - this sound is a loud raspy continuous car alarm sound. It goes on for a few minutes then stops. They are all examining the newly laid egg and seeming to sort of be freaking out about it.
I had 1 of my hens doing that.Is nothing new it's mainly a loud mouth hen.

Back
Top Bottom