Newnan, GA. Chattahoochee Valley Poultry Association Show, Feb. 18-19

Lost my whole flock of Buff Orpingtons and my Barred cochin hens to coons :(
Going hunting tonight

Wish I could be there to help you. I LOVE to hunt...
fl.gif

I might also be looking for some SLW and NH eggs... I am just looking for some pretty birds and good layers. Some I could breed but not for showing.

MIGHT consider chicks or birds but my car space is limited.

Last edited:
Wish I could be there to help you. I LOVE to hunt...
fl.gif

Wish I could beef up my pens they keep crewing through the chicken wire. Took out all my neighbors chickens.
Theres 5 of them.

Oh Freya,
I am so sorry. Beef up those pens girl! Was this at the farm? I saw a really big racoon on my front porch the other night. The possums don't scare me as much as those racoons. The hens are perfect...every time I try to touch them they squat! I can't wait till they get out of quarantine! and neither can the roos.
sharon

I booked a room for Friday and Saturday nights. See post #1 for hotels and rates.I got the impression that several have already booked rooms. I was planning on leaving for home Saturday after the show but the last time I had a flat tire on my trailer I was towing and I was changing the tire in the dark.

Yeah that chicken wire won't stop anything. I have a little bit of 6' 2x4 and a bit more of 3' 2x4 (section of old fence we pulled up building new pen) that you can have if it will help any.

Wish I could beef up my pens they keep crewing through the chicken wire. Took out all my neighbors chickens.
Theres 5 of them.

I put electric wire around the outside of my fence. If anything touches the wire or fence you will know it. I have heard critters come in contact with mine. I use chicken wire. There have been times when I have forgotten to turn the electricity off and got zapped myself. It made my heart skip a few beats. I'm sure a critter that weighs far less than I do really feels it too. I guarantee they don't come back for seconds.

I'm goin to try to go. I went last year and enjoyed it. I might have some chicks to bring for sale.
Lavender Orpingtons
Blue, Black, Splash Marans.( 2 Roosters in pens are from SQ stock and some hems also)
Barred Olive egger using French Golden Cuckoo Marans hens

Pm me for info on lines or for pictures.

Chicks will be priced to sell

I'm bring ;
lemon blue splash cochin cockerel
black and blue mottled Cochin cockerels
blue and black mottled Cochin hens/pullets
blue silkie pullet
black Cochin cockerel

and can bring eggs if any 1 wants mottled cochins

I have never shown before, I'd like to show some ducks maybe at the Calhoun and Newnan show. It seems the web information is geared for people who may know something about showing. Should I just call random peoples phone numbers to find the answers to my questions like: My birds came from pullorum free flocks, are ducks tested for this? They mention testers going to be there, can I bring my birds , have them tested and show them at that show? Do we bring our birds in our carriers and then they provide show cages, or do I have to make, buy, rent some? What kind of security measures should I take?

You can have your birds tested when you check in. They supply the show cages you only need carriers to bring them in. They also supply food but it is up to you to feed your own birds I usually bring food from home as it is what they are used too. They do have security at the show so dont worry about that. If you are afraid you can always get those tiny locks for the cages but they have to be removed before judging. Hope this helps IF you have any other questions call the show secretary Beth Smith she will give you all the info you need Hope to see ya there Micki

Back
Top Bottom