News article on Syringes

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by spook, Nov 6, 2008.

1. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sure that for those that are using these, they already know, but thought I'd pass it along.

Syringes Sold at Wal-Mart Recalled
    Reuters
    posted: 1 HOUR 7 MINUTES
    AGOcomments: 66filed under: Health NewsPrintShareText SizeAAAWASHINGTON

(Nov. 6) - U.S. health officials warned doctors and patients on Wednesday that Covidien Ltd was recalling nearly half a million single-use syringes that could pose a serious risk to diabetics.
    The Food and Drug Administration said the possibly mislabeled ReliOn syringes could lead to patients receiving an insulin overdose of as much as 2.5 times the intended dose, leading to low blood sugar levels and serious health consequences, including death.

2. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    [​IMG] Now that's a lawsuit waiting to happen!

The last 2 testing machines I bought were both recalled.

4. spook

Oh great, that is just what one wants to hear. The more "advanced" testers get the more difficult it is for my mom to use. Often what elders learn at first cannot be updated in their minds. Speaking of recalls in the line of medicine, a man my DH knows had recalls on his artificial hips. I am not joking, I'd be thinking that once, twice , was more then enough and four times a unhappy camper!

5. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    spook, can/ would you add RECALLED to the subject line

I was hoping more people would read this since its so important, maybe that would grab their attention

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

On the largest hip implant recall, it will really eat you to know the reason for the recall... It was just one manufacturing step that stripped off oil from the surface, oil that prevents the formation of the correct bone implant interface from forming. Why was the step removed? Some business manager felt it was unnecessary and would save the company money. All for the bottom line.

7. spook

I do not know how to add to the title. If you can, feel free to do it. I realize AFTER you brought it to my attention that I should have put that in. Sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by