news paper theft

KristyHall

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
North Alabama
on the local news they talked about an increase in people stealing news papers. they would pay for a single paper then when the machine opens, they take all of them. One vendor even video taped it with a hidden camera and showed dozens of people doing it. One woman was identified and arrested.

some people think it is because of that new show extreme couponing that is encouraging people to take all the papers for the coupons.

some people also behave as if it is not a big deal but the vendor who put up the camera pointed out people take so much that he is loosing profits and he pointed out his children have toe at too.

I personally think it is stealing. Weather it is a dollar or a million dollars, theft is theft. I m more understanding if you are starving and desperate and steal food, or make a mistake, but the amount of people who justify doing these things.

It is dishonest no matter how someone tries to justify it.

It is stealing, and that is why newspapers cost more now than they did a couple of years ago. I coupon, but honestly the "Extreme Couponing" show is hurting us normal people. Someone needs to invent a "vending" machine for papers, like a soda machine, you put in the money and only one gets dispensed.

Probably has more to do with the increased employment rate than extreme couponing, but the haven't the coupon advertisers already paid for that newspaper several times over? Newspapers have known the money is no longer in a printed page and the paper paper will soon be extinct. They also haven't changed that "honor system" design since when??? The news hits the Internet immediately, and you want the world to wait for the paper to hit our driveway? As far as your personal stolen paper, sorry guys, it's just not worth a policeman's time. Arrange something with your delivery person.
http://newspaperdeathwatch.com/

Last edited:
I deliver papers for a living. I don't make the best of money at it, but it pays the bills and I am not working at a factory/store/office where I have to pay for child care... Thats why I do it, no one else raises my kids... People who steal the paper from other peoples driveways or paper boxes at the mail box cause people like me to get a complaint for non delivery which then charges me for that complaint. People don't call in and say that their paper was stolen, they say they were missed. SO that jerk who steals the paper, not only doesn't pay for it, he also causes some one else to lose money. YEAH! SO, I would get charged a dollar for a paper that only cost .45 for the customer, and I only get paid .19 to deliver... so, that's 5 days of paper delivery that I don't get paid for, for that one customer cuz some jerk stole it. WOOHOO! Gotta love theivery.

"t'other day, I was reading the newspaper.... cuz my neighbors went on vacation..." - Larry the Cable Guy

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom