Next batch is pipping!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Katy, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Two of my buff orp eggs are pipped! There's 4 buff orps, 3 BLRW and 1 Marans egg in this batch. And the two from yesterday's batch that are pipped this morning.....it occurred to me this morning that I had stuck a couple of Marans eggs in the day after I sat the first batch, so now I think maybe they will hatch afterall!! I really should remember to write all this down!!

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Good luck with this group [​IMG]!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Thanks! How's your little "Ginger" doing?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  4. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Boy, you are a busy girl. Hatching and more hatching. Good luck with this batch. We all look forward to the pics.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This sounds like what I was doing from Oct thru Jan, a few one day, a few several days later...good luck with these, Katy and if you get an answer on those splashy looking Marans, let us know.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:After these are done it'll be a couple weeks before anymore are due. On those other Marans I couldn't believe I forgot I put them in later....Glad I decided to give them a couple more days and didn't chuck them!! Last time I checked they were making progress with zipping.

I posted the pictures of them last night on a Marans forum that I belong to. Only had one person respond so far and she too thought from the description of them before she saw the pix that they were just lighter little roos...that was until she saw the pictures and she didn't have a clue either!! I'll have to go put some of their fluffed out pix up. If I find out anything I'll let you know. [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Almost makes me wonder if there was a blue or splash marans way back in the ancestry of one of your hens or roos that just decided to pop up unexpectedly, but if you have two barred birds, how the heck is that possible? [​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've got a little buff orp out!! I don't think I've ever hatched a yellow chick before...always had BRs or Marans or welsummers . A couple of splash and white silkies, but nothing yellow! He looks so odd! 4 made it to the hatcher and I can see pips on two of the remaining 3. If you can't tell I'm excited!! [​IMG]

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:Ginger's little baby is flopping around in the bator. I gave it a little bath with a warm sponge because some of the membrane was stuck on it. Hopefully it will pull through. Now next Friday more eggs go in the hatcher [​IMG]

Is this your last group right now or do you have more?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Sounds like she's hanging in there. [​IMG]

This is the last group for a couple of weeks. Then I'll have some more Marans and BLRWs. I got some eggs today and there's more on the way throughout the next 3 weeks or so. My hubby thinks I'm nuts!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by