Next batch of chicks

ksato003

Songster
Jun 5, 2021
We just gave up a cockerel we raised for months and my kids were so bummed about it. We just added another batch of chicks and I’m worried might also be a roo, but I’m not familiar with the breeds.

They are 6-8 weeks old and it’s possible there are mixed ages among the group.

The three chicks are:
1) blue laced golden wyandotte - the one I’m
worried about
2) black copper marans
3) polish

tell me the Wyandotte doesn’t look like a roo with the comb? It’s possible that chick is older than the other two, so size may not be an indicator.

D647B416-913C-454E-824B-3BB00C1573A2.jpeg
47A78A83-D0D9-428A-A33F-DF4BC7E00EE4.jpeg
F8611F29-12A6-4691-BB63-98CA05EBDE30.jpeg

We just gave up a cockerel we raised for months and my kids were so bummed about it. We just added another batch of chicks and I’m worried might also be a roo, but I’m not familiar with the breeds.

They are 6-8 weeks old and it’s possible there are mixed ages among the group.

The three chicks are:
1) blue laced golden wyandotte - the one I’m
worried about
2) black copper marans
3) polish

tell me the Wyandotte doesn’t look like a roo with the comb? It’s possible that chick is older than the other two, so size may not be an indicator.

View attachment 2848778View attachment 2848779View attachment 2848781
The polish is a bit too young but the other two are pullets.😊

Sweet Jesus thank you 🙏

Do you know the signs to watch for for the polish?
Pullets will get rounded head feathers and boys will get crazy crests with spiky crest feathers. Boys will also get spiky hackles and a white neck(This is all advice from @JustBabyMargo who is my sister and a polish expert.) They will get a red face earlier than pullets and redder wattles.;):D I hope it ends up being a pullet!:love

Pullets will get rounded head feathers and boys will get crazy crests with spiky crest feathers. Boys will also get spiky hackles and a white neck(This is all advice from @JustBabyMargo who is my sister and a polish expert.) They will get a red face earlier than pullets and redder wattles.;):DI hope it ends up being a pullet!:love
This is SO helpful THANK YOU to you and your polish expert sister!

Back
Top Bottom