Next year I plant the garden!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Carols Clucks, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Mom was excited and started seeds inside, in her cute little burpee pots. She even was so organized as to write down what was in the little pots.

This worked well til she turned the seed pot tray a few times..... and then had to transplant the tiny pots...

Last year we had a similar issue when cucumbers and zucchini, she thought she was planting cucumbers everywhere turns out it was zucchini.

This year, I think it is pumpkins. I think they are everywhere! I need to open a pumpkin patch!

Next year, I am hording the seeds and building the mound and hiding the cute little burpee pots!

2. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

Cool! We harvested a bunch of wax beans from our garden today...mmm.

3. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Mmmm, garden food. NOTHING better.

4. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    [​IMG]

5. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    I have been using a lot of zucchini with chicken, home grown onions/garlic and some lemon. The zucchini I have been using my julienne peeler to make thin spaghetti like strings.

The fancy little dark colored round zucchini I harvested today, turned out to be pumpkins. Guessing they took over the mound that was supposed to be the other ones

6. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    Pumpkins are good roasted in the oven with brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by