(NH)18+ egg grab bag

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by siz8003, Feb 26, 2009.

1. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    [​IMG]
    18+ eggs All chickens are in one pen for the winter but I have a roo for almost every breed So there is a good chance they will be some pure in there.Shipping and tracking # included. All for $25 I can do 5 of these this week. I have awesome fertility here and I think I pack very well. [​IMG]

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Heh I almost have my self convienced I need to buy a 18 pack grab bag lol.
    When you collect them do you mark them with what kind of egg you think they might be? I am very new and I am asuumeing that some like the big dark brown ones and the blue ones are obvious?
    I just need to time it so I get them after I get my bator , will you have these grab bags for 25.00 for a little while ?

3. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    Yes I will have them going for a while.I can put you on the list if you give me a date.

4. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    They company says I should have the bator by monday the 9th at the latest So giveing them a day for error and a day to get it up and running at temp I would say Id like to set eggs Wensday the 11 at the latest and I am hopeing everything gets here faster. So I am not shure when you would need to send them so they get here by tuesday or so to sit for 24 hours befor going in bator .. this is all new and im a bit confused.

5. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    This is what someone wrote me about my eggs. Just so you feel safe.................................

Just got the eggs. When I saw the box hap-hazardly thrown in front of my door my heart sank. I opened the box with held breath expecting to see broken eggs.

BUT... Not a single one was broken. And they don't feel very cold either!
    They're resting in cartons now. MAN are those Maran eggs GORGEOUS! I have never seen one in person. It's like holding a solid chocolate egg. I sure hope those hatch! You can't candle those right? I'm just wondering how I'll know if they're developing or not. I think I just saw a post on candeling dark eggs, maybe I'll jump over and check it out.​

6. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Ok Im gonna go for it , you are so nice and understanding and you put up with my constent questions , and all those eggs look so neat , I just hope I get a couple of those pretty brown eggs , that person was right they look pretty cool , and I am also hopeing you grab bag a few banty eggs I want to see how small they are compaired to normal eggs. I will mail my stuff to you Monday hopefully or at the latest Tuesday. I am all excited now I cant wait to see all those beutifull eggs in person.
    Thank so much.[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by